PREP TIME: 20 Min COOK TIME: 60 Min READY IN: 1 Hr 20 Min SERVINGS: 12
* 2 cups flour * 1 teaspoon baking soda * 1/2 cup butter * 1 cup brown sugar * 2 eggs * 2 cups ripe banana (mashed) * 1 cup ripe papaya (mashed) * 1/2 cup dried figs (chopped)
1. Preheat the oven at 350F. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour and baking soda.
3. In another large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Stir in the eggs, mashed banana, mashed papaya and stir really well.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well. Add in the chopped figs.
5. Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf pan and bake at 350F for around 1 hour. Check the loaf is done by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean the loaf is done.
6. Allow the loaf to cool in the loaf pan for about 10 minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool.
TIPS: If you don’t like papaya you can just add an extra 1/2 cup of mashed banana. Also, instead of using dried figs you can substitute 1/2 cup of any other dried fruit or perhaps some of your favorite nuts.
There are lots more tasty Banana Bread recipes on my blog...