Saturday, February 7, 2009

My Latest Experiment: Spiced Pear Banana Bread

I love the weekends because it's when I get to experiment with my latest banana bread recipe ideas!

This weekend is no exception. I decided to try a Spiced Pear Banana Bread recipe and so I gathered the ingredients in the kitchen....



As usual, I mixed together the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another. I mashed up the pears and bananas on a plate before adding them to the other wet ingredients.

Then I mixed the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and ended up with a very nice looking banana bread batter...



I then spooned the mixture into my trusty loaf pan and added a few banana slices on top with a sprinkle of brown sugar for good measure.

It was supposed to cook for 1 hour 30 minutes, but me being me I checked it after an hour and it was starting to turn a very nice brown color.

Finally, after 80 minutes and a couple of checks by inserting a sharp knife into the center (which finally came out clean) it was ready...



I then waited patiently for the loaf to cool for about 20 minutes before taking it out of the loaf pan and placing it on a bread board for it's photo shoot...





As you can see it turned out pretty well. You can get the full recipe here...

Spiced Pear Banana Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment